News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What's It All About?

Today we celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. You sure never know where life is going to take you, which is kinda funny because I believe we are here because we chose to be. Before we started this earth walk we sat down with our Heavenly Father and charted a plan which included situations which would allow us to grow. After we have decided on the lessons we need to learn we begin our adventure. To God, it‘s like sending a child off to college. I believe we also have the choice of beginning this trip at the moment of conception or the first breath of life. I choose the breath and I think that’s why it never bothered me I couldn’t have kids. My husband chose the scenic route, the moment of conception, and although we started out at the same time, he showed up 9 months later. His parents were married the day after I was born. Talk about a true soul mate. After this earth walk is over, we return home to our Heavenly Father and discuss our repot card. Some people call this Judgment day.

You often hear people ask, “Why are we here?” I believe, in addition to our own personal growth we seek, we are here to learn to work as a team. Think about it. All the great religions teach the same underlying message….LOVE EACH OTHER, put others before yourself, take care of each other, in other words, work as a team.

God created us in His image and God is pure energy so the true essence that is us is energy. Our bodies are just vessels. God is real big on this free will thing so He doesn’t get directly involved. This begs the question, “then how does God answer prayers?”. He doesn’t, but He did give us the ability to bring change if we follow the basic plan and work together. Since we are pure energy (just like God), when several people come together and combine their energies for a common goal, they can cause miracles to happen.

I am a child of God and it’s offends me to no end to have my faith questioned just because I don’t attend church. The majority of people of faith don’t attend church. Instead of just being close to God on certain days in certain buildings, I chose to have God as a part of my life every moment. Speaking of moments, I want to share a poem with you that has helped me stay sane.

If you live in the past with it’s doubts and regrets, it is hard.
For I am not with you.
My name is not I Was.

If you live in the future with it’s doubts and uncertainties, it is hard.
For I am not with you.
My name is not I Will Be

But if you live in this moment, right now, it is easy.
For I am with you.
My name is I AM.
Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home