News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

My View on Iraq

Is it just me or is the world really going to hell in a hand basket. Seems everyone has an opinion on Iraq, and here’s mine. We owe them a huge apology, and by them I mean the citizens of Iraq. I want to know who decided Iraqi’s were too stupid to rebuild their own country and needed outsiders to come in and do it for them. Iraq was not a third world country; there are engineers, plumbers, carpenters, etc. They built their power plants, sewer plants, bridges, and more originally, but someone decided they were incapable of rebuilding. How dare us go in and take jobs and self respect from the citizens of Iraq. What ever happened to the idea of winning the hearts and minds? I for one am so sorry for the treatment the citizens of Iraq have had to endure.
How can this war be a war of last resort when U.N. weapons inspectors had to stop destruction of illegal long range weapons they had found and evacuate the country of Iraq? No one mentions that anymore. In case you have forgotten, here are a couple of articles from just a few days before the invasion to refresh your memory. “Inspectors Call U.S. Tips ‘Garbage’ cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/18/Iraq/printable537096.shtml and cbsnews.com/stories/2003/03/02/Iraq/printable542460.shtml “Iraq Begins Destroying Missiles“. I recommend you go back and reread several things from before the war. I wonder if our President was even aware of all the dissention around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home