News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Politics & Flowers

First Lady Laura Bush spoke at the correspondent’s dinner this year and made a profound statement that I wish she would have made years ago. She stated that “George’s solution to problems on the ranch, cut it down with a chainsaw”. That philosophy may be OK on a ranch, but it is inappropriate and irresponsible to take that attitude with the rest of the world.
I don’t blame the President for this mess in the Middle East as much as I do the U.S. Congress and the media. Boy, didn’t the media let us down in the lead up to war. Too bad no one was paying attention back in the mid 90’s when the FCC changed the rules and now there are few choices for news. Your radio, TV, and whatever are all owned by the same people. The media cares more about it’s advertisers than the public. It’s the public’s airwaves, but we sure don’t get the right to use them to convey several different opinions on the events of the day. What ever happened to investigative reporting? If anyone did ask tough questions, they were shot down by the administration and they just gave up. There is so much happening we don’t know about. As I always say when someone ask, “how are you?” SO FAR SO GOOD. It’s the same with life, so far so good.
I left the work force in late ‘99 to care for my husband. I thought if I could stay with him and devote all my time and energy, maybe I could give him another year. That was 6 years ago and he is still here. As Letterman would say, I wouldn’t give his troubles to a monkey on a rock. His life consists of sitting on the couch during the day and sleeping there at night. The only time he leaves the couch is to stumble to the bathroom. He has been doing this for years. He sits by a picture window so I have been working on his view. From the street my yard looks kinda strange, but from where he sits, it is too cool. I have brought in numerous birds to the yard along with some strange things for this area. Roadrunners came by for a while and they were neat. The dog kills pack rats but doesn’t eat them. The roadrunners would come through and clean up the carcasses. A red shouldered hawk has been eyeing my little bannie hen. Bobcat wiped out the rabbits. The rabbits were cool, this was a retirement home for rabbits that had been in a production facility. After years of breeding and having babies, a few select rabbits deserved to relax in their golden years. Here there were no more cages and they just roamed the yard at will and hung out under the trailer. The neighbors enjoyed seeing white rabbits running around. Now you may understand why this blog is called the crazy ramblings…..
Back to all the years just hanging out. I have finally had a change of attitude and now think about the future. I have been told I have healing abilities, may be. Husband is still here and doesn’t appear to be leaving. It is quite a change from waking up at night just to see if he was alive to now no longer even looking in on him at night. If I have learned anything through this adventure it’s that attitude matters. I make sure he laughs each and every day and provide a no stress zone around him. So far so good.
Lesson for the day: TO WORRY IS TO LOSE FAITH
We never face more than we can handle, just sometimes more than we believe we can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home