News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

Since my car is down, others have been picking up things for me. On Monday a neighbor went to town with a big list of mine but forgot the cranberry sauce. I was just so happy she did this for me I wasn’t about to bring it up, but the next morning she called. She had laid down that night and was going over the list in her head and realized what she had forgotten. She reminded me of another neighbor who goes in on Tuesdays so I called her and she agreed to pick up the sauce. She calls later and it’s the wrong sauce, I was wanting the whole berry. She went back to town today and finally I have my sauce. It was the biggest thing to happen around here in a while. I sure am glad neighbor #1 remembered about neighbor #2. As I have said before, this is the best hood.
Thanksgiving was as perfect as it could be. The in-law’s sent food and when I opened the bags I had to laugh. There was a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. Too cool. My car may also be fixed and if it is it’s one of those happy and sad things. Happy its OK but sad because it was so simple and I feel so dumb for not figuring it out sooner. May be as simple as the ground wire on the battery. There was a car for sale sitting out on the highway for a while and it had the same symptoms as my car; it’s problem was the ground wire. My battery is off being charged now and I am optimistic. I gave the ground a good cleaning with Coca-Cola. I love that stuff but it freaks me out that it works so well on batteries.
I feel so blessed and although I know God doesn’t have favorites, it sure feels like I get special treatment. All I can figure is I must be on the right track and I am so grateful the track has been there all my life. There are people who find God and turn there life’s around. They are full of spirit to the point of overflowing and although I am happy for them, I can’t really understand how they feel. I am one of the fortunate ones who doesn’t remember a time when God’s presence wasn’t first and foremost in my life. You can look at the lack of lines in my face for my age and lifestyle and see that the miles of my life have been easier than most. There were some tough years, but even through the abuse my spirit was strong. Our heavenly Father is wise.
The transition from giver to receiver was harder than it should have been. A friend offered the following advice which is good for all in need, “remember that good feeling you got from helping others?” yes “well, if you don’t accept what is offered to you, you are denying others that same feeling. It’s almost an obligation to accept help when its offered”. Life got a lot easier when I learned to accept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home