News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

What happened to Respect?

It all comes down to respect. In order for a team to function at it’s best, players must show respect for their team mates. I have heard some say “I’m not going to show them respect until they show me they deserve it”. What is that all about. Imagine if everyone had that idea, then no one would ever get along. I say respect should be shown to everyone until such a time as they show they do not deserve it. If everyone started simply showing respect to all they meet, what a wonderful world we could have. Kid’s especially are no longer taught to respect others, and they don’t have a lot of roll models. Here while back there was a Doritos commercial that really upset me. The kid ended up hitting a guy in the head and then just shrugged his shoulders like, “so what?”. It was a perfect example of how sad kids have become. Even in lieu of genuine respect, good manners dictates we should be nicer to each other. What ever happened to manners? Maybe it’s a southern thing, I can’t help but say please, thank-you, yes ma’am, no ma’am, yes sir, no sir, etc. I don’t even think about it. It bothers me when someone shows good manners and the person they are talking to ask them to quit. Especially when they discourage children from exhibiting good manners. We get so caught up in the big issues that we forget the everyday things; the things that truly impact how society functions. Things such as respect and manners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home