News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Roller Coaster Month

The yard is coming along nicely. Of the 200 crocus bulbs at least 50 of them have broke ground. The tulips and jonquils have also broken thru. Finally got the persimmon trees pruned. We have been here 7 years and this was their first trimming. There is one growing under the back door just under the edge of the trailer and I have cut it back each year and each year it comes back bigger. I expect the big trees to respond just as well. The spring seed and plant catalogs have started coming in and I sure do love to drool over them. I still need several more rose bushes and found a company last year that is real cheap. I was amazed at how well their cheap roses did this last year so I think I will get more. They have a deal that if you don’t care about the color you get, you can get them for less than $4 each. In a perfect world I would get 13 to fit in the area I visualize them in, but I will be happy with 5. My favorite rose is Cary Grant, an orange flower. He is also my favorite actor, especially in “Arsenic and Old Lace”. Been looking a climbing roses and I may go that way. Instead of climbing I want them to crawl towards each other. Still working on a trellis design 2: high and 10-12’ long. Won’t really know until the plants are in.
Very rarely do I write these in one sitting. Since I was happy planning garden a few days ago to now a time when my dog of 12 years is fading fast. I checked out his symptoms on line and it appears to be Cushing Syndrome. It happens to 20% of dogs and the symptoms are the same as aging. It wasn’t until the excessive thirst that it became obvious, then he stopped eating .
It has been awhile and the dog is stable now, at least physically, but his mind isn’t right. He has become very aggressive to one of the cats; a cat he has loved for 5 years. And what a will to live. He is fighting to get better and I think it’s because of Katie. He doesn’t want to die knowing that puppy is here.
Once again with the help of others this has turned out to be a much better month than it seemed it would be. I received a donation to help put down Humphrey. The card was awesome; even husband thought someone had gotten a picture of Hump and his cat. It shows a cat sitting on the dogs head and years ago we had the same picture of Hump and his cat Fluffy Butt. What a cool card. He is trying so hard to live that I told him I wouldn’t put him down until he was ready but if he keeps up the aggression I may have to break my word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home