News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Katie arrives

We have a puppy, didn’t want a puppy, but we have a puppy. She is half Chow Chow and half German Shepard; cute as a bug and smart as a whip. Humphrey is nearly 12 years old but he sure is acting a lot younger around the pup. I estimate her at 3 months of age. She had gotten away and was in the highway so when I found the owner I told them they couldn’t have her back and they said OK. My yard is big and fenced and they know she will have a great life. Husband is crazy about her and she him. She is the only animal around here that likes him so that is a plus. The chickens sure have been entertaining; their communication skills are remarkable. For acting so dumb they sure are smart. The crocus are breaking through, Spring is coming and boy is my yard going to look great. Speaking of looking great, a neighbor came by today and handed me a Merry Christmas box. I took it in, set down with husband, and prepared to eat cookies. What a surprise to find gardening tools. Good ones, not the 4 pieces for a dollar I had. Once again I found myself almost giddy with excitement. It really makes me happy when people acknowledge my work. Not really work, but effort to provide as pleasant a world for husband as I can. Those simple tools will be a big help in reaching my goal to have the most kick ass yard in the hood this coming year and for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home