News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ouachita Mountains

Welcome to the Ouachita mountains, the second oldest mountain range in North America (the Appalachians are a little older). We are unique in that our range runs east-west, unlike the others running north-south. Perhaps that is why this is a geologist dream. The quartz crystal capital of the world, Mt. Ida, is towards the eastern end of the range and at the far eastern end is Hot Springs National Park. It's drives me nuts that Hot Springs doesn't emphasis the age of the water from the springs, it's an average of 4,000 years old. Years ago I meet a lady whose home well water tested out at over 9,000 years old. It was an amazing experience. I knocked on her door, introduced myself and asked her for a glass of water. The only water she had coming into her home was a hand pump at the kitchen sink. Sweetest little old lady you ever met and perfect water. Just think, 4,000 years ago while the pyramids are Bing built, the rain falling in Arkansas is just now bubbling out of the ground. How cool is that. Needles to say I love this place and hope to share more of special attributes with you as we go along. I am a news junkie so will often have an opinion on current events, will be keeping the family posted on happenings (which aren't much), and basically vent. I love the fact I can sit here in the back woods of Arkansas and share my thoughts with the world. A big shout out and THANK-YOU to cousin Susie, without whose help none of this would be possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home