News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Current Events

Can you believe our president? This was not a war of last resort, it was illegal from the start, but here we are. This administration’s “holier than thou” attitude is getting old. The military’s job was completed years ago; marines are not trained as diplomats so it wasn’t fair to hand over the job of “winning hearts and minds” to them. Can you believe Paul Bremmer got a medal for his contribution to this debacle? The fact that no one has been fired through out this ordeal but medals have been handed out left and right bothers me to no end. For the record, I wrote the president and the vice-president prior to the invasion explaining that even if we knew for sure they had nuclear weapons, that would still not justify an invasion. We lived for what, 30 years with Russia sitting there, it’s finger on the button, and it all worked out in the end. I hope everyone has learned a lesson from this adventure... it is vital that the leader of the free world and commander of the world’s greatest military be a patient person. Diplomacy is a dying art. Speaking of art, I have noticed that not everyone listens. Almost everyone is born with the ability to hear, but listening is an art; an art possessed by fewer than you would think. It became apparent after special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald gave his presentation regarding Libby. Listening to and reading comments about his presentation showed not everyone was paying attention. The only point I caught was Fitzgerald was having trouble running an investigation because someone (Libby) had kept kicking sand in his face. The Libby problem had to be addressed so an accurate account of the events could be obtained. I still can’t believe one president gets impeached for lying about sex, and this president is getting away with far worse. It doesn’t seem to be good for the country to have one party in power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is a good line and I sure hope I got it right and sure wish I could remember who said it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home