News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chicken update

The chicken flock is growing, 6 teenagers and 27 this last week. Still have about 12 left to hatch. The hens have been so insistent about sitting that I gave in and now everyone is hatching a few. Should have a flock of around 50 when all is said and done. So far though, total survival.
A few days later: lost a few chicks but ended up with 34. I now have the original hen and rooster, their 7 (2 roosters and 5 hens), 6 teenagers from March (4 roosters and 2 hens), and now the new chicks. Total flock of 49. It is really going to be cool watching them run around, but I promise myself I will keep the eggs gathered this time. Enough chickens for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home