News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Nose Bleed from Heaven

A few Thursday’s ago I was blessed with a nose bleed. Of course I didn’t know it was a blessing at the time and I sure wasn’t thinking blessing on Friday when I had three more. Since I have a history of high blood pressure, common sense told me I should track down a meter and check my BP. I felt my problem was just sinus, but better to be safe than sorry. On Saturday the bleeds were still active and I had yet to get hold of a meter. By this time I’m thinking whatever this is, it can’t be good. I was walking around like I was some sort of time bomb just waiting to stroke out. It forced husband and I to discuss what would happen something did happen to me. On Sunday nose would still bleed when I bent over or coughed or sneezed and I still hadn’t found a meter. Monday brought more bleeding but the meter finally arrived. I was OK. Granted I had taken at lot of my medicine over the last few days, but I was not stroking out. My medicine is an Enzymatic Therapy, a multi B vitamin complex that balances the heart enzymes and thus keeps my pressure normal. But back to the Monday readings, I was OK but when I checked husband he was off the charts. This was too weird, he has always had low pressure. We checked it a few more times and it was still crazy high. 190/114 Tuesday morning his attendant and I got similar readings which were high but not as bad as the night before. As the day went on the numbers got high again and after dinner he had shortness of breath, pain in left arm, and a headache. I called 911. We have First Responders. I had heard we had First Responders but didn’t really think about what that meant. What it means, is there are neighbors around here with the skills required to stabilize a patient while waiting for an ambulance, and boy did they get here quick. While they were here they got crazy readings such as 220/130. He is on meds now and will be going to the Dr. on Monday to adjust his dosage. All his heart test were perfect including his blood work and after two days in the hospital the Drs. still couldn’t explain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home