News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This is a reprint of a previous post. The son who wrote the letter is no longer with us, actually there is no longer a we. My husband and I have been separated over a year. On this Mother's Day I take comfort in this childs words from years ago and wanted to share them once again.

When life begins spinning out of control it is important to find away to regain control, or at least the appearance of control. I may not have control over much, but I do have control over how things are stored in or home. Every now and then I rearrange my closets or drawers. This last week end it was filing. I can actually find something now. In the process of going through papers I found a letter from our son who was recently killed and I want to share it with the world.

12-13-04
I love you both so much. You have been a big influence in my life. The love you both have shown me, I can never repay. Threw all these years both of you stuck your necks out to keep me out of trouble. To teach me that school isn’t that tough and to love. Why, only God knows, but I want the two of you to know even though the whole time that I thought you were being mean. I truly love the pain and heart ache you put me through to make me the man I am today. I grow each day. I know that I’m one of the luckiest people in the world to have a loving family as I do. So this card is just a small token of my undying love you both know I have for you. God Bless.
Your son,

How many parents get the chance to hear something like that from their child?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home