News from the Ouachita's

The crazy ramblings of a middle aged woman who is slowly going out of her mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: hamburg, arkansas, United States

I left the work force in '99 to stay home and care for my disabled husband. Being essentially retired at such a young age has brought about several emotional changes and I have found the peace so many seek. Should anyone read my post perhaps they too can find a little peace of mind.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Loss of a Child

Two weeks ago today our lives took a dramatic turn when our middle son was killed in a stupid auto accident. Sorry for the anger but it was his own fault. The good news is his younger brother walked away with only cuts and bruises.
He had been my step-son since he was four and the only one who lived with us during the school year. Since I was never able to have children of my own, he was my only child in school. It was six years ago and only one semester but I’ll bet the principal still remembers me. I am big on learning; I live in a travel trailer and collect encyclopedias. Yes, I’m nuts. But in a good way. I have only known two people who could take me to anger and this child was one of them. (1st husband was the other). But as the years went by and after living together in such close quarters with his dad in the shape he’s in, we really bonded. We reached a point were we respected each other. The last conversation I had with him he had called to ask for my advice. When ever he got stressed out he would call me for help in getting things back into perspective. How cool is that. A 23 year old asking his step-mom for advice. He did scold me for not telling him our dog of 12 ½ years had to be put down, but didn’t scold me about not telling him his dad was hospitalized for two days and now has high blood pressure. As far as I can tell he was on good terms with everyone in his life; had all his ducks in a row. Since we all have to go, he went at a great time for him. He was becoming such a wonderful man that it’s sad we won’t get to see were he could have gone.
I could write for days about this child, but for now I just wanted to get something out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home